Train to be a Ski or Snowboard Instructor!
If You Are a Strong Skier or Boarder… Enjoy Working with People… Become an Instructor!
This program is for ages 15 and up. Employment with skiing/boarding privileges is available for course graduates.
|Classroom Times||7:00pm to 9:00pm|
|Classroom Dates:||Snowboard: Mondays, Starting October 20
Skiing: Tuesdays, Starting October 21
|Classroom Location:||Reed Gym on the ISU Campus
Room # 302
|On Snow Sessions:||4 Saturdays or Sundays (as Snow Permits)|
|Training Program:||Classroom Sessions One Night per Week for 8 Weeks|
|ISU Students earn (1) PE Credit.||To register contact the registrar's Office. $35 Class materials fee. For more information call Pebble Creek at 775-4452.|
|Non ISU Students||Call 775-4452 for Class Registration|
|Course Title:||Introduction to Snowboard Instructing
PE 2287 Section 01, Index #12214
Introduction to Ski Instructing
PE 2288 Section 01, Index #12215
To be hired as an instructor you must:
- Successfully complete the course
- Attend a new employee orientation session
Rate of pay for first year instructors:
- $8.00 per hour instructed for part time.
- $8.50 per hour instructed for full time
- Lift ticket for days rostered to teach (season pass issued after teaching 50 hours)
- Clinics throughout the season to work on your skills and technique
Salary and benefits increased for subsequent years of teaching.